Few things excite kids more than Halloween – a holiday totally centered around childhood whimsy and imagination. If you’re looking to do something more special than just taking them trick or treating for a few hours, a Halloween party is the perfect way to celebrate. A party gives them ample time to socialize with friends and family, and lets them enjoy those awesome costumes you spent weeks planning.
How to Throw the Perfect Halloween Bash
Halloween offers plenty of variety in types of parties. For younger kids, the decor and activities can be more fall-oriented where older kids and teens might like a little more ghoulish fright. Here are some great options to make your party a huge hit.
- Take it Outdoors. The biggest detraction to having a party at home is often the mess and limited space. If you have a larger yard, you can set up a good portion of the party in the yard to allow for more space. You can set up tents with activities and decorate with bales of hay and fall themed foliage.
- Plan a Theme. Depending on the age of your guests, your theme can be anything from fall fun to their favorite video game, and all points in between.
- Activities. For older kids, setting up a haunted house in some area can be fairly easy and an awful lot of fun. For younger kids, an activity area where they get to make crafts to take home can keep them occupied for a long time.
- Entertainment. Hiring entertainment is one option. If you’re on a budget, you can also plan activities and hire a few sitters or family members to lead the kids through games so that the adults can enjoy the festivities, too.
- Food Options. Themed food and treats are always a hit.
Throwing a Halloween Party in Atlanta or Birmingham? Event Rentals Unlimited can provide everything you need for your outdoor party so you can concentrate on the fun.