Summer parties mean a fun time outdoors and all that entails. Be the perfect host with easy prepping ideas for a party to remember.
1. Being outdoors means that the bugs might want a bite. Keep them at bay with citronella votives in candleholders. Mason jars are also readily available and can be hung illuminating your area.
2. Make clean-up easy. Leave an empty tub near the one filled with chilled drinks. Partygoers can easily help you recycle your bottles and cans without any thought.
3. If it is a hot sunny day, provide plenty areas for shade. A tent rental company in Atlanta can provide a covered area for dining and dancing. Review the selection at Event Rentals Unlimited.
4. Review the seating available. Plastic and metal heat up in direct sun. Move them into shaded areas and use fabric sling chairs and wooden chairs with cushions for areas with more sun.
5. Get a head count. Email and online platforms provide a faster way to get an idea of who is coming. Doodle.com is a free site that allows you to offer guests options of party dates. Guests then check the ones that are right for them and the site shows the final results.
6. Decide on how to serve the food. Buffet-style requires multiple plates. Plan for 2-3 per head. There are a number of plate types and even disposable to consider.
7. Music is a must. Have some upbeat playlists available or splurge on a DJ for the evening. Guests can also contribute their own playlists and hosts can rotate through them.
8. Create a timeline of tasks to complete ahead of time to make the day flow smoother. Leave yourself reminders on your calendar or phone to make sure all is done for the big day.
9. Few want to slave away and cook indoors for the big day. Cold items like salads and desserts can be made in advance. Break out the barbeque for the meat and get a few volunteers to man the grill.
10. For large groups you may want to get some reinforcements. GIGSALAD allows one to hire staff to help man grills, the bars and other areas and to make sure guests are properly taken care of during the party. Hosts can have the event catered and leave that part of the planning to experts.
If you need an event furniture expert, contact Event Rentals Unlimited. We will make sure your event has everything it needs, without you lifting a finger.
Image Source: Pixabay